Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below ( Cookies);
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
GDPR the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please reach us via the contact us form on the Website.
Suzanne Penny & Associates Career Studios LTD, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10416237 of http://www.suzannepenny.com
UK and EU Cookie Law ; the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User and You: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Suzanne Penny and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Suzanne Penny and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.suzannepenny.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Suzanne Penny is the "data controller". This means that Suzanne Penny determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b.IP address (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a.data is given to us by you ; and
b.data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Suzanne Penny & Associates Career Studios LTD will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a.when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example: a.we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b.we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our Use of Data
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in: a.soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out. b.for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide. c.if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. Who we share Data with
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example: a.access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you. b.we store your Data on secure servers.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details.
User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. This may include product, content, files, courses, quizzes, surveys or any other content you upload to or create on the Website.
Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system.
Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data: a.Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b.Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c.Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d.Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e.Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f.Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection
-Analytical / performance cookies
-Strictly necessary cookies
Description of Cookies:
These cookies are essential for websites on our services to perform their basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual “carts” on sites that have an ecommerce functionality.
Analytics and Performance
Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our websites, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our websites function and to understand how users interact with them.
These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as European Commision EU VAT database.
32. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
33. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
34. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
You may contact us via the support/contact us form on the Website.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.